7/31/12

busy busy


The four pictures above are a perfect summary of what we've been up to the past two weeks. The past week especially has been quite a flurry of goings-on, both happy and sad. Last Tuesday Ryan and I woke up with plans to pack and bake and head over to my parents' house where all my sisters and their husbands and babies were going to spend a few days of family time. Our plans changed when Ryan got a phone call that morning with the news that his grandpa's health was failing very quickly. As we drove over to the hospital in Madison where he was staying, we got another phone call from Ryan's mom, telling us that he had passed away. It's been an emotional couple of days, but I'm thankful that we were able to still spend a good amount of time with my family, and also see so many members of Ryan's family at his grandpa's funeral. We're both feeling pretty happy that our little girl up in heaven has another great-grandpa to keep her company. And as crazy as this past week was, I find myself wishing I could live it over again. It all went too fast-- I'd like to squeeze my niece and nephews one more time, and smooch their chubby cheeks. Those little sweethearts are fun.

And believe it or not, in between all those things going on, we've also been squeezing in some house hunting. I'm busy tearing out magazine photos and making lists.We already found one that we love, and wouldn't you know it, there's an offer on it. It's all too much for me to talk about, but I will say this: I'm a little stressed out. Actually, that's not completely true. I'm strangely calm about it, seeing as there's a good chance we'll be packing and moving out of this apartment, and into an old-lady fixer-upper riiiight around the time a new little baby will be coming into this world. Once I let myself think about it too long, I realize that a meltdown is inevitable. It's only a matter of time.

Oh, and if all of that doesn't seem like enough, let's talk about the glucose test and rhogam shot that I'm due for this evening. A good number of women have told me that as soon as the thick orange drink went down, it came right back up, which is awesome. It's not like I have a gigantic fear of vomit or anything. (I TOTALLY DO.)

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yikes! That's a lot to have going on all at once! Regarding the house search...I know it's kind of a cliche thing to say, but I had to keep reminding myself of it when we were house hunting, but God will put you where He wants you. And for me, it was in a house I wasn't completely smitten with, but have fallen hopelessly in love with now!

    I really dig your blog, lady. I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so adorable.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your husbands Grandpa! It is wonderful that your little girl will have one more person to love on her though :)

    As far as the Glucose test.....I loved those drinks, it reminds me of soda...can I admit that out loud??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a fear of being sick too! i thought morning sickness would have got it out of my system, nope the fear is still there.

    sorry about ryan's grandpa.

    ReplyDelete