10/19/12

39 weeks. (and 2 days.)


Still no baby, friends. Still no baby.

We went to the doctor on Monday afternoon. All signs pointed to a baby coming, and soon! Baby's head is down, I'm dilated over 2cm, and my belly is tight as a drum. I made an appointment for next Tuesday, and before my doctor left the room he said with a wink, "I bet I'll see you before then."

And guys, he totally shouldn't have said that.

Because Ryan and I scurried home and finished every little thing we needed to do to prepare for this kid. And now we're just waiting. And we're kind of bored. Every night before bed we get all sorts of excited, thinking it might be the night! And every morning I wake up, feeling as normal and un-laborish as can be. I must have made a pretty cozy nest in my belly, because this child is hanging on by his umbilical cord.

Happily, though, I don't feel too uncomfortable, and I've slept better the past couple nights than I have since July. (Oh, bless you, sleep.) And while we're waiting, we're having lots of fun making guesses at what he'll be like. We already know he gets the hiccups about 5 times a day. So there's that. 


Come on, sweet baby! We're ready for you!

4 comments:

  1. So very exciting! I've been reading your blog for a little while, but this is my first time commenting. Just wanted to wish you a great last few days as a family of two, and wish you both luck and strength for your impending delivery!

    Also, I'm a sucker for birth stories, and I can't wait to hear yours... finger's crossed you'll share it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he will be here before the Packers are on on Sunday. He and his daddy can watch their first game together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sure he will be here soon :) probably when you least expect it.

    and i am jealous of your sleeping as i am having so many problems sleeping. sleep just hates me.

    ReplyDelete