3/28/12

things to say::

It's been a while! I've had a little break from blogging and tweeting and instagram-ing. Didn't mean to--it's just the way it is. But I'd love to update you with the stuff going on in and around Apartment 66::

  • Are you wondering where I got the recipe for the delicious looking cheesecake pictured above? I'll tell you: find the cheesecake here and the blueberry sauce here. Oh Martha, it's good! We made it last weekend and barely got through one slice each before realizing there was no way we were going to eat the entire cake. I gave half to my sister. It's rich, but it's so good.
  • Big news, guys. I have a job! I told myself I'd never be a nanny ever again when I quit my nannying job last year (that job terrified me for many different reasons,) but...here I go again! Ryan was good to me after we lost the baby, and didn't rush me into finding a job. I took a good chunk of time off to be home and took care of myself for a while, until this job sort of fell into my lap. I'm thankful it did! Three days a week I hang out with a 7-week-old chunk. He's sweet as pie, and so are his parents. It feels good to be working again. And it will feel even better the next time I go shopping--no more carrying around bags full of guilt!
  • Last week A Cup of Jo posted the song Ryan and I danced to at our wedding. It was just a little something that made me smile. It's such a sweet song, and means more to me every time I hear it. I was so looking forward to that moment with him on our wedding day, and when the moment finally came, something went wrong with the speakers and we could barely hear it! We danced anyway, but I was so disappointed. When we came home to our apartment after our honeymoon, Ryan turned it on and we danced to it again in our living room, surrounded by boxes of opened wedding gifts. It was better that way. :)
  • Speaking of Ryan, we were walking through the grocery store recently when he said this gem, "You know, if I could have seen my future self a few years ago and known that I have a string cheese in my lunch every day, I think I'd be pretty pleased. I'd be like, 'You're doin' ok, man.'" From this day forward, I vow to never run out of his favorite string cheese.
  • Speaking of Ryan again, last night I had a dream in which I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, only to find Ryan already in there, secretly applying my $1 set of false eyelashes. For the life of me, I can't explain why this happened.
  • And lastly, we saw the Hunger Games over the weekend, and I cried twice. 
That's all folks!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! Love the dream-our subconscious always comes up with the nuttiest things. I have been curious about false eyelashes ever since Natalie has been posting about them. Might have to find a $1 pair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister-you are hilarious. I love you! See you TOMORRROW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back. Also, that cheesecake was divine. Jason ate almost the whole thing. He thanks you. Love you!!!!!!!! PS: You should blog every.day.

    ReplyDelete