12/9/13

in which i skip the month of november and go right to december.

photo 3 photo 4 photo 2 photo (52) photo 1 (1) photo 4 (1) photo (52) photo 2 (1) photo 3 (1) photo (53) photo (55) photo (54)
I skipped the entire month of November, according to my blog. Not on purpose, it's just how things happened. I certainly didn't skip it in real life. November was full of busy days, lots of babies, lots of sicknesses, lots of doctor visits, lots of sleepless nights. I rounded out the last week or so with a bout of pneumonia, just in time for our 3rd anniversary and Thanksgiving. Any sort of blog post I tried to write was boring and sleepy and depressing, and full of fun facts about pneumonia symptoms, like coughing up entire chunks of my lungs. At least that's what it felt like.

I also skipped Halloween, so if you're curious, we dressed Ralph up as a lumberjack/hobo. 

We also welcomed a new niece (baby Livia Eveline, the most delicate girl and the spitting image of her mother ((I love her so much)) ) and have already sampled (devoured. inhaled!) all of Trader Joes' chocolate-peppermint flavored products. 

Which brings us to December.

We've got the tree up and the garlands hung and the cinnamon candles burning every night. We've watched Christmas Vacation twice. We are ready for any and all festivities that Christmas may bring. This Christmas is already feeling so much more magical than any other year since I've been a grown up, and I am positive it is because of our dear old Ralphie. He's taking it all in with such wonder. The tree is enough to send him into a frenzy. Those lights are just so shiny and bright and tasty looking! We put the tree up one night while he was in bed-- she was a beaut for 8 straight hours-- and then realized we had to move everything up about 3 feet if we wanted it to survive Ralph's grabby hands till the 25th. Every now and then I'll put a few ornaments where he can reach them. He'll pluck them off, one by one, taste each for good measure, and then carefully (crookedly) stuff them back on a branch with a look of pride on his face. He's such a sweet little joy these days. And a stinker too, which is why I like him.

So anyway, all this to say, I'm back in the blogging mood. And you're about to get hit with some major Christmas cheer from Milwaukee. 

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i think i am going to die every time i see a picture of ralphie. i want him and emmett to be friends!!!!!! and us too. ;)

    ps can you email me your snail mail address?! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same thing about Emmett. I love his round little face. SO CUTE. Let's be friends.

      And I just sent you that email!

      Delete
  2. Yay! im excited your back to blogging. we had a slow month over on our blog as well.. but were back with Christmas vengeance ;) .Hope you + the fam have a great holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Christmas will do that to you. :)

      Delete
  3. Delurking to say that those pictures of Ralph looking at the tree with wonder and Ralph looking at the snow with wonder are just so sweet I can hardly stand it. What a fun Christmas season for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahh! These pictures are amazing! Every single one!

    And yay, yay, Christmas! Sounds like you're doing this year right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, chunks of lung ain't good... goodbye november, hello beautiful gorgeous december of yours... i want to become a part of your family, your photos are so lovely and cozy... i totally hear ya, my teddy has made christmas so fun and wondrous already... and of course i've gone a little wild with christmas presents. i really do feel like a kid again! happy holidays to you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete