2/1/12

Happy February and other stuff

I'm not sure how I feel about February just yet.

This month was supposed to be entirely different from what it's turned out to be, in every sort of way possible. If I let my mind slow down just the tiniest bit, I remember that February was supposed to be filled with fresh, healthy, pink baby things. Then the sadness creeps in, and it takes me a little while to dig myself back out of it.

But what's odd is that I felt really good when I woke up this morning and remembered it was the first day of a new month. Maybe I'm just thankful that the gloom of January is over? It's also possible that I'm faking it, and I'm just tricking myself out of feeling sad. Whatever it is, I've got some sparkly energy coming from somewhere, and it's keeping my brain from slowing down too much. And that's fine with me.

You know what else is helping me out this month? A few things. Let me tell you about them:
  • This photo challenge. I usually stay away from long list-type stuff like this, because I have a hard time sticking with it. (Take my Advent calendar, for example.) But I think it'll help me find some happy things in this stupid month of February. And every blogger and their mother is doing it, so why not? Wanna see my first photo? Day 1: The view from my dining room table.
  • Christmas in February with my family. For various reasons that mostly have to do with a sweet new baby being born in Nebraska on December 21st, Christmas has been postponed until this Saturday. Ryan and I are driving to my Mom and Dad's house on Friday evening, and we're spending a few days with every single member of my family. I couldn't be more excited to hug my sisters and get snuggles from my niece and nephews, and meet brand new little Jonas. Oh the joy! The downside is that I still haven't put away some of my Christmas decorations, and the gifts that I've wrapped so far look suspiciously Valentine's Day-ish. I think I'm seasonally confused.


To close this silly post, I'd like to wish a Very Merry Birthday to my dear friend Miss Becker, who turned 24 today. I hope it was marvelous! Let's flashback, shall we?
Ah. That was nice.
Happy Birthday, Sarah B.

And happy February.

14 comments:

  1. christmas in february!? genius idea really. you just turned the worst month ever into the best month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I kind of hope we do this every year. :)

      Delete
  2. I need a Christmas in February--maybe it could become a new tradition

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you wrapped those presents. so simple and yet so pretty. i love that your christmas is extending into february. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janine! It was the easiest wrapping I've ever done--just craft paper and yarn/twine.

      Delete
  4. great photos and christmas in feb is a great idea!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you, Mia. We are praying for you both. Also, would any of those pretty presents be for me? Here's hoping... See you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO. NO PRESENTS FOR YOU. Just kidding, I love you.

      Delete
  6. I am doing this too. I have a 2nd blog - I am # 674 Blessings Everyday.
    Good Luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! Good luck to you! (I've already almost forgot to take one yesterday. This could be tough!)

      Delete
  7. Hi, found your blog via Fat Mum Slim, love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete