2/10/12

project on a snowy day:: heart pillow


Has anyone seen this cute little pillow tutorial floating around Pinterest?
Me too.
I made my own.
Though I didn't exactly follow Anna's instructions.
(Mine is totally temporary and totally not as professionally sewn.)
I used some scrap fabric to cut out a heart, and hand stitched it 
onto the back of an old pillow.
It's a strong stitch that will hopefully hold up to Ryan's inevitable pillow tossing,
but not too strong--I'll be able to snip the thread and re-use the pillow
when I get tired of big red hearts everywhere.
And it only took me about 10 minutes to make two pillows.


And when I was done, I rewarded myself with a spoonful of peanut butter,
because that's the only sweet thing we have in this house right now.

I need to go grocery shopping.

7 comments:

  1. cute and simple! i like the idea of being able to change it with the holidays. maybe a shamrock for st. patty's?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I'm copying you. Jason says, "solid!" haha We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I treat myself all the time for doing simple jobs--glad it isn't just me

    And I love that cushion--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love that chair, too. I found a similar one in a thrift shop and didn't buy it. Of course when I went back it wasn't there. Kicking myself.

    Just discovered your blog. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete