2/23/12

moon mobile

Air dry clay is officially my new favorite crafty medium. I have made countless little projects with that stuff. For around $8 you can get yourself a big chunk of it at any craft store, and it lasts forever! Even after all my clay creations, I still have nearly half of that big chunk left.

This here's my latest clay creation. I made myself one of those adorable Curbly bowls not too long ago, and when I finished that I guess I just kept going. I rolled out more clay, and cut out circles with a round cookie cutter. Then I poked some holes in 'em, painted 'em, and made myself a regular old mobile. Because, who says mobiles are just for babies? It's an inexpensive and easy afternoon project, and it makes me smile. All those little circles remind me of shiny, rotating half moons.

The best part of it all is the sound they make when they clack into each other. So satisfying! I can't wait for open-window weather, so it can turn itself into a little clacking wind chime. 

In other news, I have a fantastically awful, never-ending head cold. I've been spending most of the week sipping orange juice, blowing my nose, and eating leftover birthday cake that I can't even taste. What a waste!

3 comments:

  1. Love that mobile! I have a feeling it's gonna be all over pinterest. :)

    As for the head cold - I too have blown through way too many tissue boxes these last few weeks.

    Feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out. Your pretty little mind inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - you are so creative !!!

    ReplyDelete