4/12/13

Solids, man.

photo (9)
photo (11)photo (10)
While my quest for getting Ralph to nap may have been a bust, guess what was a hit?

Rice cereal!

Kind of. He was really excited by the process (right down to his toes-- check those piggies out,) but I don't think he loved actually eating the stuff. It was happy, messy fun at least. We're trying again tonight, and if all goes well, some sweet potatoes just might be on the menu for this weekend.

We took a video, if you want to see the whole thing go down:


And now, for a very long post script: 
Thank you to all you mommas that commented and sent advice about my last post. It seems the consensus is that "crying it out" works for some babies, and doesn't work for others. Isn't that how it always goes? ;) Both of my oldest sisters, as well as some good friends used this method, and it worked for them. So it's not torture for some babies! The best advice I got was to listen to your baby and your gut. So that's what we'll be doing in the future. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes! X.O.

2 comments:

  1. If he's "spitting out" the solids, then his tongue-thrust reflex is still present and it might be too early to start solids. I would give it a few weeks or try at 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your table!! (and coincidentally we're in the market for one so I'd love it if you shared the source)

    And, our little girl is 5 months today and I fear starting solids. I'm sure she'll like them, but I mean, how long will that add to meal time??

    ReplyDelete