- times I let him cry it out: 3
- times this method failed us today: 3
- minutes I listened to him cry: 20 the first time, 40 the second time, mayyybe 2 the third time.
- times I cried: 3
- times Ralph's diaper leaked: 3 (whether it is due to today's bad luck, or needing to go a size up, is yet to be determined.)
- times Ralph threw up on me: 1 (not spit up. Real, human pukes. It got allll up in mah hair.)
- minutes Ralph sat in a very still daze after throwing up: 6-7. (It's possible he has inherited my vomit phobia?)
- outfit changes: between the both of us, 5
- baths: between the both of us, 4
- minutes Ralph actually napped today: 25, tops.
- times we sang Mairzy Doats to try and cheer up: approximately 20
- times I thought, "I AM BUYING ICE CREAM BEFORE THE DAY IS DONE.": 40. Maybe more.
- times I kissed Ralph on his lips: countless (I think he's starting to understand!)
- times I went to Target with baby barfs in my hair: just once, thankfully.
- cartons of Ben and Jerry's purchased: 2
- episodes of Mad Men about to be watched in 3,2,1: one
- times we will try "crying it out" again in the near future: zero, zip, zilch
We tried "crying it out" for naps today, and this is how it went:
at 7:28 PM