5/9/12

16 weeks


Our story begins yesterday afternoon, at approximately 12:05pm, when I remembered I had scheduled my 16 week OB appointment at 12:15pm during Ryan's lunch hour that day. The problem was, I was still in my pajamas, and about to dig into a large bowl of soup. After quickly calling Ryan, and a minor meltdown, (OKAY FINE I CRIED) ((MY EMOTIONS)) I called the doctor's office to explain the situation. Turns out it wasn't a big deal at all -- my appointment was easily rescheduled for 3:00pm. Except the big deal is that I turn into a blubbering, floppy mess on appointment days, and it causes me to forget important things, like the actual appointment itself. Get yourself together, Amelia! is what I'm trying to remind myself. 

But what I'm really trying to do here is tell you about the appointment, because it went well! I'm measuring right on time, and that baby's heartbeat sounded so good. Those blasted nurses never let me listen long enough. And do you want to hear something divine? It was suggested unto me by the nurse that I begin eating about 300 more calories each day, to fatten up this goose of a baby. Later the doctor came in and said my weight was fine, and I should just eat what I feel like. I've decided to listen to them both: I feel like eating about 300 more calories per day, doc. I'm not taking any chances. I'd like a baby with extra thigh rolls, please. Observe:
(Of course I won't always be eating fast food to supplement my diet. Not always.)

Anyway, we're usually in quite the mood after hearing our sweet baby's heartbeat. Joy abounds! We do crazy things like this:
We're a pretty thankful family over here right now. Grow baby, grow!

9 comments:

  1. you have the sweetest baby bump!!! cheering for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am so happy for you guys... and I really want Wendy's now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I don't even know you but I'm grinning cheek-to-cheek right now. That last photo is priceless. So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are just TOO cute for words. :)

    xo, amanda

    http://mamawatters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit and yey to hearing your babys heartbeat.

    And if i was you i would be eating some fresh fries too, for the baby of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bump. And hearing the heartbeat is the most amazing sound in the world. I love the picture of your man- very funny.

    Katie

    www.mummydaddyandmemakesthree.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bump picture is just too sweet. Eat, mama, eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day! Thinking good thoughts for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered this blog post and you are so cute in this striped dress! Congrats on your pregnancy, I wish you all the best! It's so exciting to follow other pregnant women on their blogs to see how their pregnancies are going, our due date is one month after yours! Hope to see lot more pictures of your growing belly and other baby stuff!

    higgledy-piggledy Wonderland

    ReplyDelete