5/31/12

thursday





Thursdays are my day off. Usually I spend them getting things done before the weekend-- cleaning, running errands, making a good meal for supper. But today I struggled to wake up, and when I did, I wasn't worth much. It was cloudy and cold outside. I had a headache and a puffy face and a few sympathy cookies for breakfast. When I finally showered and remembered that I was out of shampoo, I resorted to using Ryan's cheapie stuff . . . and that was the end of it. If the hair is ruined, so is the rest of the day, I told myself. I got dressed in a big, soft shirt and parked it on the couch for a good chunk of the day. Eventually I felt snappy enough to accomplish a couple things on my to-do list and eat a healthy lunch, but I didn't make myself feel too badly for loafing the morning away. Growing a baby is hard work, and whatever, ok? A day devoted to online window shopping and my favorite old book isn't the worst thing in the world.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your home. It looks so cozy. I had one of those days today...and I'm not even growing a human. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! We all need these kinds of days. :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy these kind of days because once that little peanut comes you won't find days like this.

    After having company for a whole week for graduation and the last ones leaving today. Well I had a really lazy day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And I hope all the celebrations went well!

      Delete
  3. Oh that sounds like a perfectly lovely day!
    And I love Emily.
    I just found all my old LMM books.
    Did you ever read the Pat of Silver Bush books, or Jane of Lantern Hill?
    I love LMM.
    And a day in is nice too.
    Because, yes, growing a baby is very hard work.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Anne and Emily. Billions and billions of times! I'd love to read more. I think they're my favorite books.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I know that feeling.. When nothing else feels with doing but lounging around on a cold, in my case rainy, afternoon. That was pretty much my day today.. Well minus the being pregnant part :) I just found your blog through a link on Pinterest and I'm oh so glad I did. It's lovely, as are your photographs. Keep up the good work, dear.
    -Janell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love that last picture. I love all the yellow! It is my favorite color. I hope to have a yellow home without it being overly, obviously yellow, ya know? I'm glad you had time to cuddle up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always afraid I have too much yellow. :)

      Delete
  6. your blog was my evening's bright beautiful spot.

    thank you, friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete